Did you just move to a new location and want a dentist that’s close to home? Or maybe you just don’t have one currently? Here are a few ways to find one:
Ask for referrals. You can ask your family, friends, or colleagues. Chances are one of them that has a great dentist that is perfect for you.
Get recommendations from your doctor or pharmacists. Members of the medical community often know one another and have someone that they can recommend.
After getting a few recommendations for a new dentist, you may want to call or visit them more than once. You may want to be with a dentist that you are comfortable with, so make sure you choose one that’s a good fit for you. Here are some questions to ask when choosing a dentist:
- Do they have flexible appointments and office hours that fit your schedule?
- Is it close to your home or workplace?
- What is their dental examination procedure?
- How do they approach preventive dentistry?
- Do they handle after-hour dental emergencies?
- How much do they charge per treatment? It is okay to ask for an estimation of common procedures such as x-rays, cleaning, and cavity filling.
- What happens when you miss an appointment?
- If you have dental insurance, do they accept the one you have?
If you decided to visit the dentist’s clinic, be sure to check the following as well:
- Is the clinic clean and orderly?
- How is the equipment? Is it up to date?
- Are the dental staff friendly and answer your questions?
- Do they wear protective gear and gloves?
Like any doctor, you need to make sure that you spend some time getting to know your new dentist. Yes, choosing one may seem an easy task but keep in mind that dental care is a very personal service, and you want this relationship to last for years. Thankfully, you don’t need to go about and do this on your own because Stanley St. Dental provides everything you need in a dentist. If you are looking for a dentist in Collingwood with more experience, we are here to help you and address your dental needs.