Along with general and emergency services, modern dentistry has come to include all kinds of cosmetic procedures. Cosmetic and implant dentistry is a practice designed to improve the appearance of your teeth, gums, and bite, while contributing to your overall dental health. The benefits of cosmetic dentistry are immeasurable in terms of self-esteem and can help you to speak, smile and laugh with confidence. At Stanley St. Dental, we offer different types of cosmetic dentistry procedures to suit any kind of customer.
What Kind of Treatment is Provided by the Cosmetic Dentist?
For cosmetic dentistry Melbourne residents trust, look no further than Stanley St. Dental. We practice many forms of advanced implant and cosmetic dentistry to meet your individual needs.
While the traditional silver or gold metal fillings are sufficient, white fillings allow for a more seamless and natural look. Here’s everything you need to know about white fillings:
- They are more equipped to hold the natural contour of your teeth than the usual silver amalgam fillings.
- Unlike other types of fillings, they don’t contribute to tooth discolouration or cracked tooth syndrome.
- They are made of glass particles, synthetic resin, and a setting agent.
- They have a similar lifespan to silver amalgam fillings, although this may vary from person to person.
- The dentists at Stanley St. Dental can replace any old fillings with white fillings.
If you are unhappy with your teeth, veneers are an ideal way to change their shape, colour, and contour. These thin ceramic jackets cover your teeth and fill in any gaps, making them appear naturally straight and white. There are several benefits to choosing dental veneers:
- Treatments are long-lasting and minimally invasive.
- Prior to treatment, you can see a wax mock-up of what your final smile will look like.
- Your dentist at Stanley St. Dental can offer a step-by-step guide to the treatment process.
Teeth whitening is a great, non-invasive way to combat teeth stains and discolouration with a specialised bleaching agent. While there can be side-effects to this treatment such as teeth sensitivity or gum irritation, these are only temporary. There are two forms of teeth whitening:
- Take-home teeth whitening: Stanley St. Dental can provide a teeth whitening kit with custom-made trays and gel for self-application.
- In-chair teeth whitening: With the aid of a laser, one of our cosmetic dentists can apply whitening gel to your teeth directly. This process takes an hour and works best when it follows a professional teeth clean. We also offer a teeth whitening kit with this package so that you can maintain the results from home.
Zoom whitening is a type of teeth whitening procedure that uses light as well as a teeth bleaching agent to brighten both enamel and dentin. This process involves:
- A check-up prior to the whitening appointment to ensure your teeth are healthy.
- A half-hour teeth-whitening session, preceded by a regular teeth clean.
- A Zoom Advanced Power Chairside Lamp to accelerate and enhance the whitening process.
Invisalign Clear Braces
Clear braces are see-through, custom-fitted aligners that take as little as three months to gently straighten your teeth. Features of this treatment include:
- A consultation to help you make your decision. You are given an exact representation of what your smile will look like post-treatment, as well as a map illustrating the changes that your teeth will undertake.
- Braces that are removable for the purposes of cleaning and eating, although they should remain in place for 20–22 hours a day.
- New Invisalign sets every fortnight.
Which Clinic is Best for Cosmetic Dentistry?
With highly-trained professionals and a range of affordable services, Stanley St. Dental is the best cosmetic dentist Melbourne has to offer. Book today to transform your smile and change your life!